What UK Marketing Jobs Entail
Gone are the days when being a monopoly in the market makes a firm feel on top of the world. He cares little about marketing your products, basking in the confidence that people have nowhere else to turn to since his firm provides the only services available in that particular field. In today’s capitalist world, the rate at which there is increase in competition is unprecedented. If an idea is brought to the fore today, do not be surprised to see an immediate competitor coming up with the same concept, and adding an extra feature to it. This goes on and on. The competition becomes stiffened when there are quite a handful of firms or organizations offering the same services as his. In order to come on top, it is essential that the each company invests more into getting top notch marketers. As a result of this development, there are more offers for marketing jobs. The United Kingdom (UK) is not an exception to this. How is it like in the UK? What are high paying marketing jobs that are readily available? Let us have a closer examination of these.
Getting a job does not come that easy. Marketing jobs is not an exception. There are some qualities and skills that are required in order for a person to have a shot at getting a marketing job. His personality is important. He should be someone who is tolerating. He has to be accommodating as well. His marketing savvy has to be good too. The enthusiasm should be obvious. He should be able to show an enthusiasm for the products he is marketing. One other important factor not to be left out is his technological knowledge. There are different phases of marketing, and the internet is surely one of them. He should be familiar with various social media platforms and how to use them. They are going to be important tools in marketing his products.
There are various fields in the UK needing marketing professionals. One of the foremost is telecommunications. On papers and television, we see various forms of advertisements for different telecommunication firms. There is an ever increase in marketers in this sector. There is a need for continuous creativity and concepts that beats other competitors too. Since other competitors would not go to sleep, he has to be on his feet constantly, trying to bring more ideas into the advertisement for his company. Such advertisements could be nationwide or locally, depending on the size of the firm and the event or product to be marketed. Ability to develop unique concepts is very vital. He would also bring up a marketing method advertising campaigns.
In the UK, there are some high paying marketing jobs available. They are as follows:
- Data-base Marketing Manager: This is a sector where interestingly, we have more jobs than persons available to take them. Each positions opening for data analytic, there are no crowded applicants for it.
- Ecommerce Marketing Director: As there is ever growing population of users of the internet, most people have turned to it to make use of services rendered by various firms. They see it as being comfortable to use. There are a lot of commercials on the internet. A company’s advert needs to be catchy because this would make consumers stick to you only. Besides, this need gives rise to a high in demand for marketers in this field.
- Marketing Director: There are some companies who have consolidated their marketing departments. But, this is not an easy job to handle as the demand for it is rising.
- International Marketing Executive: This ranks high among high paying marketing jobs. The marketer is expected to come up with a plan, and would oversee its implementation for an international marketing strategy. This would have to capture different audiences across the countries aired, and it would have to be appealing to those differing cultures and traditions.
- Top Market Research Executive: His job involves web analytics and market research. This is essential in helping the manufacturer knows what is in high demand, and also to have a target audience. Helping to deliver the products to the right set of people, which can help reduce or eliminate rejection of the products. The demand for this sector is equally high.
- Top Channel Development Executive: This is a sector that is aimed at maximizing income from various channels used. There are a lot of people moving into ecommerce, giving rise to the need for such services. He is expected to get acquainted with new channels developed and have analytics knowledge.
Each of these divisions is well paid. It is matter of how well-qualified a person is for each of them. If picked, welcome to the world of marketing!
A marketing degree is very useful, as it can lead to jobs in sales, business administration, market research, product marketing management, brand management, finance and human resources. Discover how marketers can fit into almost any business arrangement with help from a marketing, public relations and sales management teacher in this free video on marketing jobs.
Expert: Mark Clifton
Bio: Mark Clifton has an degree in marketing management from Oxford Brookes University, and has successfully completed the CELTA teacher training program of Cambridge University.
Filmmaker: Paul Volniansky